You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    So after plenty of foreplay in bed, I'm ready to explode into action:- it's the usual Matchplay format for me, 1 pick from each quarter, and hope that at least 1 of my selections makes it through the Round Robin stage. It's DEFO a reduce stakes event (ok I'm not, im riding the wave til the run ends).

Rory win only @ 10/1 (double the stake of the other selections)
    Rose ew @ 20/1
    Garcia ew @ 33/1
    Bradley ew @ 66/1

Gl everyone

Edit... BIG EDIT.... I've just read that Mr McLroy is heading for Vegas sat night for the fight. Just a 1200 mile round trip to squeeze between a poss q/f and semi!!! He might not be overly bothered this week then. So I've added Matsuyama ew @ 33/1, and hope he plays Rory in the last 16. 
  • edited April 2015
    I really can't get too excited about any one this week.

It seem with the revised format the media want to see Rory, Jordan (or last years winner Day), Bubba and Stenson playing on Sunday.

Then again perhaps we shouldn't presume this will be the case, if you consider the European Tour started a similar strategy with the Volvo Matchplay and things haven't always gone to 'plan'.

In Europe they seeded 16 of the 24 players and the winners have been:

2014 - Illonen - seeded 10th
    2013 - GMac - seeded one (well he is a class act, but he defeated Jaidee in the final who was seeded 15 out of 16)
    2012 - Colsaerts - seeded 12th
    2011 - Poulter - seeded 9th

Pre draw I was keen on Matt Kuchar, my dark horse was Hunter Mahan and my total rag was Ben Martin and they've all been drawn in the same group!

With my R2D investment on Danny Willett, I'll be looking out for him, but he'll do well to get past Reed and Moore and Sullivan cant be ignore.

If somehow Willett got through his group his reward will be a match up against the winner of the Jordan Spieth group!

Still won't stop me having a little ew tickler on Willett at 200/1 ;)

I will undoubtedly follow Neil's strategy of backing one in each quarter, but at the moment the only one I've gone with any conviction on is Paul Casey 40/1.
  • edited April 2015
    Right, sorted my picks out for each quarter:

Paul Casey - 40/1
    George Coetzee - 150/1
    Patrick Reed - 30/1
    Matt Kuchar - 33/1
  • edited April 2015
    My picks are :Reed ew 25/1 
                      Fowler ew 33/1
                      Dubuisson ew 50/1
                      Poulter ew 33/1
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (WGC Matchplay):
    So after plenty of foreplay in bed, I'm ready to explode into action:- it's the usual Matchplay format for me, 1 pick from each quarter, and hope that at least 1 of my selections makes it through the Round Robin stage. It's DEFO a reduce stakes event (ok I'm not, im riding the wave til the run ends). Rory win only @ 10/1 (double the stake of the other selections) Rose ew @ 20/1 Garcia ew @ 33/1 Bradley ew @ 66/1 Gl everyone Edit... BIG EDIT.... I've just read that Mr McLroy is heading for Vegas sat night for the fight. Just a 1200 mile round trip to squeeze between a poss q/f and semi!!! He might not be overly bothered this week then. So I've added Matsuyama ew @ 33/1, and hope he plays Rory in the last 16. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Seems a wise choice now. Think I'd prefer a Matsuyama win, as not only would the win bit pay more, but he'd only have to win one more match after Rory for me to get a return. Plus I feel he'd be more focused in his q/f, as he wouldn't have the flight/fight on his mind and be clock watching. 
  • edited May 2015
    #anotherstandardweek yawn... Though tbh The Dartster finding Willett ew @ 200/1 was far more impressive than me finding the 10/1 fav. Well done!! He also found Luiten top Continental European too. 

Binking a bit at poker made it a decent weekend all round... Onwards to next week now.
  • edited May 2015
    #anotherstandardweek yawn... Though tbh The Dartster finding Willett ew @ 200/1 was far more impressive than me finding the 10/1 fav. Well done!! He also found Luiten top Continental European too.  Binking a bit at poker made it a decent weekend all round... Onwards to next week now.
    Posted by joesman1

Willett 200/1 place was very nice and his third place finish has boosted his R2D points nicely, though its a pity that Rory fellow had to spoil it a little and go and win the thing.

Lol, yeah, good job you binked 'a bit' in Monte Carlo, to compensate for your paltry 10/1 winner, in what must be something like your 10th consecutive winning week on the golf.

Hope you manage to bink 'a bit' more in Monte Carlo before you get on your next helicopter :)

I'm already looking forward to seeing who you pick this week.

Well done on another tidy profit.

• edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (WGC Matchplay) : Willett 200/1 place was very nice and his third place finish has boosted his R2D points nicely, though its a pity that Rory fellow had to spoil it a little and go and win the thing. Lol, yeah, good job you binked 'a bit' in Monte Carlo, to compensate for your paltry 10/1 winner, in what must be something like your 10th consecutive winning week on the golf. Hope you manage to bink 'a bit' more in Monte Carlo before you get on your next helicopter :) I'm already looking forward to seeing who you pick this week. Well done on another tidy profit.
    Posted by TheDart
    Well done again both of you! Just had a text saying that skybet are paying 7 !!! places at the players championship. So i'll be needing those selections for blatant copying !! Thank you in advance :)
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks Any2.

My initial thoughts re the The Mauritius Open are that it's a very VERY weak field. Coatzee beat a similar field the other month 'despite' his form at the time, in particular his short wedge play. He's now sorted both areas out, so I feel he's a sound fav and I'm backing him win only @ 9/1. The other 1/2 of European stake is on Scott Hend ew @ 33/1. - I don't think that price will last til tee off time. 

Edit:- Skybet stuck their heads up for 10 mins and dangled a carrot that had Coatzee 10/1 written on it... This donkey took the bait and they retreated back to their ranks.

In the USA I like Garcia ew @ 33/1, and many firms are paying top 6. Unfortunately the firms that are going 33/1 are the ones who won't lay me anymore. (Had the knock back from Boylesports today, to go with Bet365 and Betvictor). So im looking for help from my mates atm to get on Garcia. My other choice is Fowler ew @ 55/1. - Paddy Power still happy to oblige. I'll pick a 3rd player after some more studying.

Edit:- ok after a lot of thinking, and listening to Mr Dart, and looking at what the post fancies, I've added Justin Rose ew @ 22/1. Managed to get on with help from a mate.

Gl all - let's hope I'm saying #anotherstandardweek again on Monday, and it's 11 consecutive winning weeks. 
  • edited May 2015
    Didn't realise you were on Rory as well as smashing it up in Monte Carlo. Haven't been able to get on Skybet or Skypoker due to their rules.

Great work.
  • edited May 2015
    Too much work to catch up on to put time into any research this week, so my research was looking at Neil's picks.

I agree with the Coetzee thoughts, and he should be shorter than 10/1 IMO. Does struggle to get over the finish line, but hopefully getting his 2nd win at the Tshwane will help him get over that. Also saw a certain Richard Tea Leaf at 66/1. He caught bookies out a lot earlier in the year and with this very weak field he has every chance.

I think we could be in an era of Speith and Rory bouncing off of each other. So finding them both in the same field again should prove to be a great bit of fun. So I'm going to just back them both. 

George Coetzee - 10/1 - Win Only
    Richard T Lee - 66/1 - e/w

Rory McIlroy - 7/1 - Win Only
    Jordan Speith - 15/2 - Win Only

£1 e/w doubles
  • edited May 2015
    Didn't realise you were on Rory as well as smashing it up in Monte Carlo. Haven't been able to get on Skybet or Skypoker due to their rules. Great work.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Cheers mate. And u can bypass their rules to get on Sky Poker etc and watch Sky Go... It costs u £5 a month... Darty toid me about it... Total life saver when abroad... Look up VPN 
  • edited May 2015
    Done and dusted followed last weeks and got the macillroy but just covered the rest of the bets.
  • edited May 2015

A very weak field in Mauritius and a very strong field at the Players, has brought me to the same conclusion for both events.

Lower the stakes for main selections and spread the muck a bit further, as I just cant resist some of those 3 figure prices available on offer this week and fancy at least one if not both events could quite easily produce a shock result.

The Players championship has a history of throwing up 3 figure winners and with the unknown of Mauritius anything is possible.

Mauritius

George Coetzee - 10/1
    Thomas Aitken - 22/1
    Kevin Phelan - 30/1
    Ben Evans - 80/1

Johan Edfors - 200/1
    Mithun Perera - 200/1
    Chris Lloyd - 250/1

Players

Justin Rose - 22/1
    Hideki Matsuyama - 28/1
    Hunter Mahan - 66/1
    Kevin Na - 70/1

All ew first 7
    Nick Watney - 150/1
    Matt Jones - 150/1
    Graham DeLaet - 175/1
    Joost Luiten - 200/1
    Ricky Barnes - 750/1

Good Luck All

• edited May 2015
    Mr Coatzee, u own big shoulders, and my god u will need them tomorrow. Not only are u carrying the triple dip weight of Strike, Meakin AND Overton, plus whoever has followed this thread this week. But ALSO half the poker fraternity that were in Monte Carlo after my mate put the word round i'm on a heater. 

Fingers crossed ☝
  • edited May 2015
    If only Sergio could putt. Wat a gr8 iron player. Always put a tenner on him go majors and the players. Eventually he will win

• edited May 2015
    Thanks Any2. My initial thoughts re the The Mauritius Open are that it's a very VERY weak field. Coatzee beat a similar field the other month 'despite' his form at the time, in particular his short wedge play. He's now sorted both areas out, so I feel he's a sound fav and I'm backing him win only @ 9/1. The other 1/2 of European stake is on Scott Hend ew @ 33/1. - I don't think that price will last til tee off time.  Edit:- Skybet stuck their heads up for 10 mins and dangled a carrot that had Coatzee 10/1 written on it... This donkey took the bait and they retreated back to their ranks. In the USA I like Garcia ew @ 33/1, and many firms are paying top 6. Unfortunately the firms that are going 33/1 are the ones who won't lay me anymore. (Had the knock back from Boylesports today, to go with Bet365 and Betvictor). So im looking for help from my mates atm to get on Garcia. My other choice is Fowler ew @ 55/1. - Paddy Power still happy to oblige. I'll pick a 3rd player after some more studying. Edit:- ok after a lot of thinking, and listening to Mr Dart, and looking at what the post fancies, I've added Justin Rose ew @ 22/1. Managed to get on with help from a mate. Gl all - let's hope I'm saying #anotherstandardweek again on Monday, and it's 11 consecutive winning weeks. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Wooohooo! Amazing picks again Mr Golf ! As the watching american public on a par 5 tee might say "Get in the Hole!! followed by You Da man !! I am guessing Securicor and G4S will have to accompany you to the bookies again! and those other pesky bookies may say as Roberto Duran did"No Mas!" A few holes to go in America.. but still impressive picks and i've got to work at 4am so can't stay up any longer. Well Done so far.
  • edited May 2015
    Just had a bet on Fowler @17/10 as recommened by stuarty!,who has backed him @45/1
    Good luck stuarty!
  • edited May 2015
    Unbelievable Tekkers once again.
    #anotherstandardweek
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (The Players Championship + Mauritius Open):
    Just had a bet on Fowler @17/10 as recommened by stuarty!,who has backed him @45/1 Good luck stuarty!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Nice one wynne

i am a happy man this morn. Stayed up and watched it.
  • edited May 2015
    Well I could just wait to see what mystic Meg posts and copy for easy money, but I'd like to actually make some effort myself this week.  :)

I had a slightly different approach to my picks this week. I shortlisted 10 players who have the best form (Standard) but as there has only been 1 event here in recent history I decided to see which stats I felt were the reason behind the leading players being there. It looked to me that driving distance is the main strength needed, followed by the putting. Strangely the 2 players who had played this event before came bottom of the list! Aiken who actually won the event and Wattell who came 5th, although their stats for 2015 were very different to 2011! One stand out winner was Alex Levy, with Uihlein in 2nd. 

I hope the guru has picked the same or I'll jsut have to add more selections!

Alex Levy - 33/1
    Peter Uihlein - 40/1

I was really liking the looks of Grillo this week, I know he's a favourite of Neil's but I think 20/1 and 2nd fav is far too harsh for somebody whos never actually won.
  • edited May 2015
    In the PGA there really looks like only 1 winner, but at 7/2 the bookies have really priced everyone out of backing Rory. Even backing him in the 2nd part of a double isn't great unless your picks on the European tour are close to 3 figures. Big Phil has a great record here. I'm not too fussed about his MC last week, as the Players has never been a great tournament for him. 2nd in the Masters shows his game is certainly there.
    My other pick is impressing people hugely lately. Matsuyama is super consistant and it's only a matter of time before he wins this season.

Mickelson - 20/1
    Matsuyama - 22/1
  • edited May 2015
    Anyone know who won the golf this weekend??? Missed it!! 
  • edited May 2015
    Lol in all seriousness that was THE BEST days entertainment I've ever watched. TWO play off wins in ONE day!!! If I thought Mauritius was dramatic, it was nothing compared to Florida!!! Fowler was very VERY impressive in the play off. Esp' considering he thought he'd had it won once already. Those 3 tee shots into the 17th were pure class...

But as the Flash Man has already pointed out, it was just #anotherstandardweek.

Beyond sick now, and I know very soon I'm going to suffer for this run, but hey ho. So without further delay onto this weeks frolics:-
  • edited May 2015

Epic final round in PLAYERS

3 man playoff

Fowler won against Sergio & Kisner

Coetzee won in Europe
  • edited May 2015
     Let's start in USA this week. Would be very easy AND sensible to say 100% of stake win only on Rory @ 7/2, for the exact same reasons I said in Dubai when he cruised home. But I'm gonna try get him beat. He's got a biggy next week at Wentworth when I'm hoping he'll win for my R2D-acca bet. 

It's a bombers course this week, so I'm going left field with my 1st pick, Gary Woodland ew @ 66/1. Next Webb Simpson ew @ 66/1. With a little help from a friend I've gone with a Rory, but Sabbatini ew @ 100/1. And finally Henrik Stenson ew @ 20/1. I suggest 30% Stenson and Woodland. 20% the other two.
  • edited May 2015
    In Spain, again very easy to say Sergio 100% of bet but 50% ew... But again gonna try get him beat. 

1st bet, a solid pick, Levy ew @ 33/1. 2nd pick I'm hoping to see a back to form Victor Dubuisson ew @ 33/1 (bet Victor were 40/1, but with a little help from a friend, I'm afraid we took all that).  3rd pick is Byeong Hun An ew @ 50/1. 

40% levy and 30% the other two.
  • edited May 2015
    And JUST in case Rory and Sergio outclass their fields, I'm doing a win only double that pays approx 27/1

Gl everyone.

Dreaming of week no 12 in profit. 
  • edited May 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (The Players Championship + Mauritius Open):
    And JUST in case Rory and Sergio outclass their fields, I'm doing a win only double that pays approx 27/1 Gl everyone. Dreaming of week no 12 in profit. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I've added this bet too 

Also I put some stats into that golf betting system page that Darty showed me a while back and each time Thomas Pieters kept coming up as no.1 so at 100/1 It would be rude to ignore him.

EDIT: I've said it was Darty's site, but I think it might of been Splashies actually. But as he has disowned us I'll give Jerome the credit. ;-)
  • edited May 2015
    Word has got to me via Flash that Levy couldn't handle the pressure of being my main fancy for week no 12, coupled with Flash fancying him strongly too. Only shoulders the size of Coatzee's can handle that amount of weight on them, so has pulled out. I'm replacing him with a mixed Grillo ew @ 25/1 with Skybet. Also I've bowed to pressure from Flash and added Pieters ew @ 110/1 with 365. Well u need someone to blame when it goes wrong don't u??