You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2017 Season!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (THE MASTERS!):
    So Mssrs Zachary, Henley, Grillo, and Pieters have the weight of the community on their shoulders. I see many disappointend punters come Sunday night, and shares in the bookmaking industry on the rise. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Well you wondering how long your run good could last. You may well have got your answer on this thread :)

Then again if Bill Haas and Aphibarnrat win this week I will be trying to self exclude myself from this forum!

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (THE MASTERS!) : Hey flash, don't know if you have realized that the Shenzen International event is being played on the same course as last years Volvo China Open, where last year you wrote... Volvo China -  Looks like a mixed course but with quite a few long par 4's, so considering there is no course history I've gone with the bombers with a big hitting outsider... Nicholas Colsaerts - 20/1 Alvaro Quiros - 50/1 Alexander Levy - 125/1 that ended up with a 125/1 winner and a 50/1 third for you, so I'd say you are right to go with the bombers theory ;)
    Posted by TheDart
    Ha ha. As soon as I saw Levy won it last year, I remembered that I had the winner. Yes, I did realise it was the same course, but didn't realise I had Quiros last year as well. Bit more of the same this year then please. :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (THE MASTERS!) : Well you wondering how long your run good could last. You may well have got your answer on this thread :) Then again if Bill Haas and Aphibarnrat win this week I will be trying to self exclude myself from this forum!
    Posted by TheDart
    I've obv just done an ew double... 30/1 @ 28/1.... Good luck the forum lol.....
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (THE MASTERS!) : Well you wondering how long your run good could last. You may well have got your answer on this thread :) Then again if Bill Haas and Aphibarnrat win this week I will be trying to self exclude myself from this forum!
    Posted by TheDart
    I would just like to point out the importance and meaning of the word 'and' in the above statement :)

Mind you I wouldn't bet against a 59 from Bill Haas this afternoon.

Seems like I've said this before.....

Well done on another great pick and win Neil.

Actually that might be your biggest priced winner this year, so it just gets better!

• edited April 2015
    Great work AGAIN!

I was going to leave the golf betting for a few weeks as I've been nowhere with my picks and it just so happens it coincides with me sunning myself in Cyprus for 10 days from Friday morning, so comes at the perfect time. I'll keep an eye on the scores while I'm out there and hopefully come back with some better picks!
  • edited April 2015
    Sorry forum, but couldn't quite consign Mr Dart to the trash bin. I obv' spent too long studying the Euro Tour after not having a winner on that tour (Spieth apart, oh and DJ in the WGC too) since Sullivan in February, and took my eye off the PGA Tour, #mustdobetter lol. Seriously though, I'm over the moon to follow my best ever return last week, with my 2nd best ever return this week. And tbh I'm just as happy for a few mates outside this forum that have been following me the past few weeks. And no, those peskie bookies won't be getting it back, I've put plans in place to stop that happening. Neil 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (RBC Heritage + Shenxhen International):
    Great work AGAIN! I was going to leave the golf betting for a few weeks as I've been nowhere with my picks and it just so happens it coincides with me sunning myself in Cyprus for 10 days from Friday morning, so comes at the perfect time. I'll keep an eye on the scores while I'm out there and hopefully come back with some better picks!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Enjoy Charles
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (RBC Heritage + Shenxhen International):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (RBC Heritage + Shenxhen International) : Enjoy Charles
    Posted by joesman1
    +1

Have a good holiday Charles.

I'll try and keep Neil focused on picking the winners, whilst you are away.
  • edited April 2015
    Volvo China Open

Course form from the Asian Open between 2004-2008, might not the best way of looking for players who have performed well here before, the one former winner in the field this week is Raphael Jacquelin and he remains an untouched 100/1 shot.

Past course records do seem to suggest that unlike last week there doesn't appear to be any advantage for the bombers this week. On the other hand a player who can hit GIR more often than most does look to be important. 

Tommy Fleetwood - 20/1, I was on him last week and he finished one shot off the playoff, I'd decided I was backing him this week no matter what. On putting a vaule on high GIR this week, I checked the GIR stats for last week, last week the player that hit more greens in regulation than any one else...............Tommt Fleetwood. Say no more 20/1 ew.

Tom Lewis - 66/1, good tied 4th last week, another player hitting greens for fun at the moment. Probably won too early in his career, but is certainly going to win many more tournaments and looks like his game is ready for the second win.

Matteo Mannaserro - 150/1, in the good old days when I was good at picking big priced winners (and Neil only won once a month), I'd be getting very excited about Matteo Maneserro this week, instead I'm quietly optimistic.

Completely lost his game,  partly on purpose as I believe he decided to make some changes to his swing / technique.

Last week's tied 29th was his best finish since last years Open, possibly more significantly, he was tied 4th for GIR for the week on a course that shouldn't have really suited him as he remains one of the shorter hitters in the game.

This course should suit Manaserro and if he is back in control of his game, 150/1 is way too big for a 4 time winner on tour.

• edited April 2015
    Zurich Classic

I can't really find any particular area to focus on in this event, plenty of first time winners in recent years, suggests course form might not be that significant, then again I don't think the fields have been blessed with many of the top players.

This year sees the likes of DJ, Rose, Day and Fowler tee it up, so from a betting perspective I think that just makes it more difficult.

Morgan Hoffman - 50/1, seems to be playing well and getting on leaderboards most weeks, he could easily add to the recent trend of first time winners here.

Justin Thomas - 50/1, a highly promising player who is in danger of becoming more famous for being Jordan Spieths mate, rather than a top talent in his own right.

Hopefully for mine and Justin Thomas's sake he can win this week and be referred to as the Zurich Classic champion.

Lucas Glover - 150/1, surprised myself that Lucas Glover made it to the 'confirm bet' button, this was not the plan on Monday morning.

He has started to show flashes of form in recent weeks and he's up amongst recent winners for a number of key stats.

Also has good course form, even when he's come to the event in the middle of a slump. Looks good value at 150/1.
  • edited April 2015
    I've noticed Mannaserro creeping back inside the cut line recently as well and I noticed his big price. I was under the impression looking at the course card it might be a bit long for him, but you've looked into it a lot more than I have. May have a little flutter after all, 1 on each tour for interests sake. I'll see what the birthday boy has to offer up before stealing your tips :)
  • edited April 2015
    Here goes.... Made my decisions and got my bets on early this week, just been busy all day ferrying around my very newly born step grand-daughter. Yep, it's now official, I'm an auld ba@tard!!!

In Europe its Mr Fleetwood the main bet ew @ 20/1. Levy ew @ 28/1. Finally I got the early 50/1 about Howell, again ew.

Over the pond, my main bet is Rose ew and win only @ 10/1. Justin Thomas ew @ 40/1. Overton ew @ 100/1, and top 10 19/2. Streb ew @ 100/1 and 90/1. Finally Mcgirt ew @ 150/1. 

One last bet was an ew double on Fleetwood and Rose.

Gl everyone. 
  • edited April 2015
    Volvo China Open Course form from the Asian Open between 2004-2008, might not the best way of looking for players who have performed well here before, the one former winner in the field this week is Raphael Jacquelin and he remains an untouched 100/1 shot. Past course records do seem to suggest that unlike last week there doesn't appear to be any advantage for the bombers this week. On the other hand a player who can hit GIR more often than most does look to be important.  Tommy Fleetwood - 20/1, I was on him last week and he finished one shot off the playoff, I'd decided I was backing him this week no matter what. On putting a vaule on high GIR this week, I checked the GIR stats for last week, last week the player that hit more greens in regulation than any one else...............Tommt Fleetwood. Say no more 20/1 ew. Tom Lewis - 66/1, good tied 4th last week, another player hitting greens for fun at the moment. Probably won too early in his career, but is certainly going to win many more tournaments and looks like his game is ready for the second win. Matteo Mannaserro - 150/1, in the good old days when I was good at picking big priced winners (and Neil only won once a month), I'd be getting very excited about Matteo Maneserro this week, instead I'm quietly optimistic. Completely lost his game,  partly on purpose as I believe he decided to make some changes to his swing / technique. Last week's tied 29th was his best finish since last years Open, possibly more significantly, he was tied 4th for GIR for the week on a course that shouldn't have really suited him as he remains one of the shorter hitters in the game. This course should suit Manaserro and if he is back in control of his game, 150/1 is way too big for a 4 time winner on tour.  
    Posted by TheDart
    I'm sad to report that Mr Tom Lewis is the headline tip/bet in The Racing Post in Europe this week. I can't remember the last time he had consecutive winning tips. 

Btw his headline tip/bet over the pond is...... Justin Rose... Sigh!!!!

• edited April 2015
    Right then you little swines. As you've both picked a couple of guys that i agree with, I'm going to be forced into copying the bets.

Manasserro + Fleetwood

Rose + Thomas

P.S Congrats old man. Enjoy :)
  • edited April 2015
    Interesting to see your racing Post man headlines Tom Lewis this weeks, it sort of gratifying when the pros come to the same conclusion as you, but means nothing if there's no return. Let's hope The racing Post can boost their readers and come up with two winners on the bounce!

I've increased our forum get together this week and added a Rose, Fleetwood double.

Looking at the tee times I never like to see my players grouped in the same section of the draw as it puts all your eggs in one basket if the weather has a say on things.

In China my guys all go out in the afternoon, in New Orleans my guys all go out in the morning.

So in Europe I've added Gregory Havret 80/1 from the early starters.

In New Orleans I've added Troy Merritt 90/1 form the late starters.

Good Luck us!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Zurich Classic + Volvo China Open):
    Here goes.... Made my decisions and got my bets on early this week, just been busy all day ferrying around my very newly born step grand-daughter. Yep, it's now official, I'm an auld ba@tard!!! In Europe its Mr Fleetwood the main bet ew @ 20/1. Levy ew @ 28/1. Finally I got the early 50/1 about Howell, again ew. Over the pond, my main bet is Rose ew and win only @ 10/1. Justin Thomas ew @ 40/1. Overton ew @ 100/1, and top 10 19/2. Streb ew @ 100/1 and 90/1. Finally Mcgirt ew @ 150/1.  One last bet was an ew double on Fleetwood and Rose. Gl everyone. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I think you should drop the 'step', granddaughter and granddad sound just fine :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Zurich Classic + Volvo China Open):
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Zurich Classic + Volvo China Open) : I think you should drop the 'step', granddaughter and granddad sound just fine :)
    Posted by TheDart
    I was hoping the 'step' bit might save me money, alas it doesn't...
  • edited April 2015
    Not a bad start for Team Sky Poker
  • edited April 2015
    Neil the infamous "Triple Dip " is runnning tonight at Bath 6.55pm. Its a slightly! bigger price than 1/20 but at 5/2 it has been backed and may be worth another punt. Or maybe a straight double with Dubuisson.
  • edited April 2015
    Neil the infamous "Triple Dip " is runnning tonight at Bath 6.55pm. Its a slightly! bigger price than 1/20 but at 5/2 it has been backed and may be worth another punt. Or maybe a straight double with Dubuisson.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    I'm not saying anything
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by Any2Suited
    How did Triple Dip do? 
  • edited April 2015
    I won't say it won easily ..but it won at 11/4 .So i ended up doing a £2 rev forecast with the fav(paid about £21) and  £8 win and an £8 dble with Victor Dubuisson at 66/1 for the open. So i now have a £30 very interesting! win bet for the open.Good luck all ! 
  • edited April 2015
    I won't say it won easily ..but it won at 11/4 .So i ended up doing a £2 rev forecast with the fav(paid about £21) and  £8 win and an £8 dble with Victor Dubuisson at 66/1 for the open. So i now have a £30 very interesting! win bet for the open.Good luck all ! 
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Lol.... Be the weirdest bet up so far on this thread if Victor gets the job done. Really hope he does, for u obvs. 
  • edited April 2015
    Its a great result whatever happens! I just thought that a horse that goes off at 1/20 can't be that bad a horse.(When it got beat at 1/20 on i did have a cheeky £3 on the 16/1 winner(2nd FAV)(Could not mention that after darty bocked your 1/20 shot!)Anyway they did back another horse in the race to favourite and good ol' Triple did the business!! just! 
  • edited April 2015
  • edited April 2015
    #standardweek
    Posted by joesman1
    Impressive results again!Unlucky with Howell choking at the end.Did you have an ew double with Rose and Howell or just Rose and Fleetwood? Well done also to Darty for hitting the target with adding Rose. 
  • edited April 2015
    Yep very impressive and well deserved Neil.

Rose - 10/1 winner
    Howell - 50/1 2nd = 12.5/1 winner
    Levy - 28/1 3rd = 7/1 winner

Next up Matchplay, with a new format on a course with minimal course history, it will be interesting to see if you can keep the run good going in this event.

As for me, well for a while it looked like my 150/1 shot Mateo Mannasero was at the very least going to come up with a place, sadly whilst the game tee to green is definitely there, young Mateo appears to have also decided to reinvent himself on the putting greens and a new putting grip is still clearly a work in progress!

A win might not be too far a way, but I think I'll wait until Neil backs him ;)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2015 Season! (Zurich Classic + Volvo China Open) : Impressive results again!Unlucky with Howell choking at the end.Did you have an ew double with Rose and Howell or just Rose and Fleetwood? Well done also to Darty for hitting the target with adding Rose. 
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Thanks Any2..... Nope only had Fleetwood and Rose doubled, else Howell would have been on my t@ats list. 
  • edited April 2015
    Well done to The Dartser and The Flash Man for their binks too.
  • edited April 2015
    Thoughts turn to this week, not had chance to look at the draw yet, that's tonights entertainment in bed. Her indoors will be pleased to know that..... But my initial thoughts are that it favours the big boys. I much preferred the instant knockout system. The round robin format appeases the TV networks, and let's the favs have a slip up and still qualify. So, with this in mind, I'll not be auto discounting the market leaders as I nornally do in this event. 

Right I have some studying to do.....