You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a new year..a new game...CASH...still playing

Comments

• edited March 2013
    don't u just love this game sometimes...had reads on this player
    CardsAmountPotBalance
    hodge04 Sit out     
    Nate100 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.93
    jamboGJ Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.30
     Your hole cards
    • K

devonfish5 Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £3.86
    Nigel1955 Fold     
    Nate100 Raise  £0.10 £0.24 £4.83
    jamboGJ Fold     
    devonfish5 Call  £0.04 £0.28 £3.82
    Flop

• K
    • Q
    • J

Nate100 Bet  £1.32 £1.60 £3.51
    devonfish5 All-in  £3.82 £5.42 £0.00
    Nate100 Call  £2.50 £7.92 £1.01
    Nate100 Show

devonfish5 Show
    • K

Turn

River

devonfish5 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s £7.32  £7.32
  • edited March 2013
    nice...
    lind  £0.02 £0.02 £10.28
    hodge04 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.93
     Your hole cards

LARSON7 Fold     
    devonfish5 Call  £0.02 £0.08 £10.26
    hodge04 Raise  £0.16 £0.24 £2.77
    devonfish5 Raise  £0.80 £1.04 £9.46
    hodge04 Call  £0.64 £1.68 £2.13
    Flop

devonfish5 Check     
    hodge04 Bet  £1.68 £3.36 £0.45
    devonfish5 Raise  £3.36 £6.72 £6.10
    hodge04 All-in  £0.45 £7.17 £0.00
    devonfish5 Unmatched bet  £1.23 £5.94 £7.33
    devonfish5 Show

hodge04 Show
    • J
    • K

Turn

River

• K

devonfish5 Win Three 9s £5.49  £12.82
  • edited March 2013
    aggressive enough for you...
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    jamboGJ Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.17
    devonfish5 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.91
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

Nigel1955 Fold     
    hodge04 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.67
    kevcoke69 Fold     
    jamboGJ Fold     
    devonfish5 Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £7.75
    hodge04 Call  £0.16 £0.42 £2.51
    Flop

• Q
    • K

devonfish5 Bet  £0.32 £0.74 £7.43
    hodge04 Call  £0.32 £1.06 £2.19
    Turn

devonfish5 Bet  £1.06 £2.12 £6.37
    hodge04 Call  £1.06 £3.18 £1.13
    River

devonfish5 Bet  £3.18 £6.36 £3.19
    hodge04 All-in  £1.13 £7.49 £0.00
    devonfish5 Unmatched bet  £2.05 £5.44 £5.24
    devonfish5 Show
    • A
    • K

hodge04 Show
    • Q

devonfish5 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 7s £5.03  £10.27
  • edited March 2013
    Good to see you back on the tables dev, keep up the good work mate confidence can be a massive factor in poker i think, if you feel good about your game keep doing the right things and playing the way you feel comfortable  and i'm sure you will show a profit by the end of the month.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH..i'm back:
    Good to see you back on the tables dev, keep up the good work mate confidence can be a massive factor in poker i think, if you feel good about your game keep doing the right things and playing the way you feel comfortable  and i'm sure you will show a profit by the end of the month.
    Posted by benc
    ty benc,
    yes,confidence is massive in any sport/game,and i've only just found it this last week.
    it's strange how it can come from nowhere and it's only come by me making just one or two slight adjustments to my game.
                                    oh,just one more thing; from W.H SMITH'S (i hope it's ok to advertise),this week i bought a 'white board' (£2,99)which i've been using to write down a few simple noted to myself,which seems to be working.
    that's it for now,
    hope you all run good this w'end
    :)
    dev
  • edited March 2013

Interesting piece of advice Dev and looks like it's working for you.

It's great how little things like that can help.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...on a 'winning streak':
    Interesting piece of advice Dev and looks like it's working for you. It's great how little things like that can help. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    thank you Sky Poker,
     when i saw that Sky poker had replied i thought 'oh no,i'm in trouble for the little name drop'  lol

glad it was ok to post it,
    yes, it's certainly worked for me..might even be worth a mention  from TK on the poker channel. (don't forget to mention my name... devonfish5'  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    not much to report,

played in £100 deepstack on sun for £1.10 buy-in. in 11th pos all-in post flop, with AK flop came KXX
    opponent had KK..wooops.also lost 82p playing nl4

mon. 2 tables nl4 won £1.51  big spender.

tue. day off

wed.   played £100 deepstack again. when 3rd /11 went all-in ahead...lost. then again next hand...lost
    finally finished 8th/134 winning £5.09. exit hand all-in holding 77 v AX opponent hit A on river...sigh.
    never mind played well & cashed.

b/roll £312.18 (down £19.64 this year)....slowly coming down  lol

c4p 108

not been playing much cash,but have been watching & learning.
    been messing around with my new toy...55" 3D TV.
    funny seeing films & programmes on tv in 3D (such as Eastenders & corrie,etc.)

anyway,i'm sure the poker 'bug' will come back again,but enjoying some time off.

hope to be back soon.
    run good

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    Hi Dev.

GL with the grinding mate

Just wondering are you playing the 4nl tables through choice or because your BR isnt big enough to move up yet ?

Its just that i have watched you play and imo you are easily good enough to be playing alot higher

GL

Daz
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...on a 'winning streak':
    Hi Dev. GL with the grinding mate Just wondering are you playing the 4nl tables through choice or because your BR isnt big enough to move up yet ? Its just that i have watched you play and imo you are easily good enough to be playing alot higher GL Daz
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Hi ARAZI,
    that's a good question m8.but the truth is it's through choice,but thanks for the kind words re my play.
    you've got more confidence in it than i have.  lol
    there are alot of heavy grinders at nl10 most multi-tabling, and with only a £300 b/roll if as i already have found out,i have a bad session i could easily lose £50-£100 most likely through my bad play,and it's a risk i feel i don't need to take and therefore the reason i'm playing nl4 at the moment.

i've always tried to give myself little targets,as with my dym challenge last year,as i tend to get a little bored just playing day in day out,although there is nothing wrong with that,especially if your b/roll is building.
    but then mixed in with that,i take my poker 1 day at a time,which kind of balances things out,i guess,and if i wake up with some kind of idea in my head,then quite often i'll just go with it.

as for the moment,i'll play it safe i think and try building my roll playing 2 tables at nl4 and i've also just started playing the £1.10 £100 deepstack which i've been enjoying playing in.
    i'm in no hurry atm but i'm sure i'll be back at nl10 again when i feel i'm ready, and my b/roll is a little more forgiving for that level.i'm thinking i need around the £500 mark for 1 or 2 tables.

best wishes buddy
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013

BIG NIGHT...
    nl10  4 tables..

WON  £28.67  B/ROLL £339.75  (UP £7.93  THIS YEAR)  c4p 202

wooohooo...

i was sat there watching the darts on Sky & playing the £100 Deepstack,and something just told me to play nl10 tonight...so i did.
    played 2 tables for about 1 & 1/2 hours i wish i hadn't as i was simply card dead,and any hands i did try and play ended up going nowhere.so i was aroung £12-£15 down.
    then i picked up 1 or 2  1/2 decent hands that held and managed to get back to level.
    from there my confidence just grew & grew with every hand that i was playing in and winning.
    so ended up playing 4 tables.
    so there it is.my 1st night returning to nl10 since playing it back in the January cash promotion..
    and we all know how that went.  lol
    ok,mustn't get too carried away as it's only one nights play,but i've got to be happy...haven't i.
    must try and back it up with another win tomorrow,or at least not suffer a big loss.

winning hands over £3 (9)  £32.58  £20.55  £18.03  £16.14  £10.81  £8.45  £8.40  £8.25  £7.88

losing hands over £3 (3)  £20.66  £18.57  £12.74

(borrowed this from you craigcu12...hope you don't mind)

"that's all folks"

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited March 2013
    Told ya you were easily good enough to play higher mate :)

Watched you for a bit tonight cos followed a player to one of your tables to finish off a few notes on him and you never put a step wrong while i was watching.

Dont change things while your on a roll and same again tomorrow mate cos even at 1 or 2 buyins a night on 10nl that br will fly up.

Good luck

Daz
  • edited March 2013
    was at your table a few times tonight dev and you have a good solid game thats what you need to beat this level welldone and like arazi said just winning a couple buyins a night by end of the month you will see a big difference in your roll.

also arazi hope I was not the player you were following putting notes like spewtard,easy money,fish lol.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH..only just won at nl10:
    was at your table a few times tonight dev and you have a good solid game thats what you need to beat this level welldone and like arazi said just winning a couple buyins a night by end of the month you will see a big difference in your roll. also arazi hope I was not the player you were following putting notes like spewtard,easy money,fish lol.
    Posted by liamboi11
    No mate it wasnt you i was taking notes on, ive ran out of space on yours :)

GL
  • edited March 2013
    Told ya you were easily good enough to play higher mate :) Watched you for a bit tonight cos followed a player to one of your tables to finish off a few notes on him and you never put a step wrong while i was watching. Dont change things while your on a roll and same again tomorrow mate cos even at 1 or 2 buyins a night on 10nl that br will fly up. Good luck Daz
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Thanks Daz,
    yeah,really happy with the result obviously,and as u say even just a 1 buy-in win is nice.
    same again today will be lovely,but i'm not counting my chickens just yet.  ha ha.
    best wishes yourself m8.
    dev

ps; who knows...it might have been your post from y'day that made me decide to play tonight.
    if it was...THANKS MATE  ha ha
  • edited March 2013
    was at your table a few times tonight dev and you have a good solid game thats what you need to beat this level welldone and like arazi said just winning a couple buyins a night by end of the month you will see a big difference in your roll. also arazi hope I was not the player you were following putting notes like spewtard,easy money,fish lol.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Thanks Liam,
    yeah,played pretty abc which is my usual game.took a while to get going but somehow managed to get there in the end. lol
    lost 1 all-in when holding AK on a 9AJ FLOP,to a loose opponent holding 99.but apart from that i was very happy with how i played,i think.
    best wishes m8.
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    Keepin an eye on your progress dev in your new venture.Dont really post as much these days,but still look in on yours and others diary's.Give it a while and we'll be seein you on top of the pots ;)))
    All the best.
    Paul
  • edited March 2013
    Well done dev, i have been mixing in a bit of 10nl recently for a bit of fun aside from my HU so maybe we will meet at the tables. I'll be the guy playing every pot and losing 90% of them so if you see me sitting down make sure your sat to my right lol
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...BIG NIGHT @ NL10:
    Keepin an eye on your progress dev in your new venture.Dont really post as much these days,but still look in on yours and others diary's.Give it a while and we'll be seein you on top of the pots ;))) All the best. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    ha ha
    thanks Paul,
    yeah,be nice wouldn't it.  lol
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...BIG NIGHT @ NL10:
    Well done dev, i have been mixing in a bit of 10nl recently for a bit of fun aside from my HU so maybe we will meet at the tables. I'll be the guy playing every pot and losing 90% of them so if you see me sitting down make sure your sat to my right lol
    Posted by benc
    thanks benc,
    ha ha
    yeah,always enjoy the challenge playing against players i've not played before,so i'll keep my good eye looking out for you.  lol
    best wishes buddy
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    not so hot tonight but followed on from y'day with another win...

won £5.88  b/roll  £345.53  (up  £13.81 this year)

3/4 tables  nl10

c4p 287

so still happy.

winning hands over £3  (7)  £42.79  £16.47  £16.37  £9.88  £8.83  £8.40  £6.40

losing hands over  £3  (2)  £12.51  £8.47

cream crackered...time for bed.
    night all.
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    AmountPotBalance
    supercrazy Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.60
    devonfish5 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £20.13
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

BitOfLuck9 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £4.15
    ChirpyChip Fold     
     Call  £0.30 £0.75 £21.74
    tmack Fold     
    supercrazy Fold     
    devonfish5 Raise  £0.80 £1.55 £19.33
    BitOfLuck9 Call  £0.60 £2.15 £3.55
     Call  £0.60 £2.75 £21.14
    Flop

• J

devonfish5 Bet  £1.38 £4.13 £17.95
    BitOfLuck9 Call  £1.38 £5.51 £2.17
     Call  £1.38 £6.89 £19.76
    Turn

devonfish5 Bet  £3.45 £10.34 £14.50
    BitOfLuck9 Fold     
     Call  £3.45 £13.79 £16.31
    River

devonfish5 Check     
     All-in  £16.31 £30.10 £0.00
    devonfish5 All-in  £14.50 £44.60 £0.00
     Unmatched bet  £1.81 £42.79 £1.81
    devonfish5 Show
    • A
    • A

Show

devonfish5 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 6s £41.39  £41.39
    had to show this beauty...
    i checked the river,thinking i was good.thought it a good line to take as i didn't want to lose opponent by going all-in.
    bit of a sweat though,but all's well that ends well
  • edited March 2013
    Nice pot Ian.
    "I checked the river, thinking I was good, thought it a good line to take as I didn't want to lose opponent"

I'm going to put this as nicely as I can. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Glad the cash is going better mate, keep going.
    By the way, you did make me chuckle the other day when you posted about the benefits of playing nl4 and then in very next post you wrote about multitabling nl10
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...just a little win tonight.:
    Nice pot Ian. "I checked the river, thinking I was good, thought it a good line to take as I didn't want to lose opponent" I'm going to put this as nicely as I can. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Glad the cash is going better mate, keep going. By the way, you did make me chuckle the other day when you posted about the benefits of playing nl4 and then in very next post you wrote about multitabling nl10
    Posted by Jac35
    hi Paul,
    yeah,wasn't to sure,but thought opponent was weak,as it turned out with only a pair of 9's could have folded to all-in bet.
    anyway,turned out ok.
    that's what i mean about how i take it 1 day at a time. lol
    i'll be quite happy ticking along playing nl4 then from nowhere i'm playing 4 tables at nl10 the next day.
    go with the flow & all that.
    hope all is good your end
    best wishes
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013

devonfish i think the computers must have been at fault on friday night if your still ahead on the river with AA. my hands were never suviving the fish. you will probably remember some yourself.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...just a little win tonight.:
    devonfish i think the computers must have been at fault on friday night if your still ahead on the river with AA. my hands were never suviving the fish. you will probably remember some yourself.
    Posted by craigcu12
    yeah, you had a number of bad beats craig i remember.very unlucky,especially when opponent hit his full house on river to beat yours.
    that AA hand i just felt i was ahead and went with it.luckily this time i was right.
    at that time i was about £15 down so i deffo needed to win it.

nl 10 can be quite brutal,and a few hands winning or losing either way can have a massive effect on your night.you don't have to do much wrong and can easily lose £50-£100.that's why you really do need to be well rolled to play there,even with my now £345 this isn't really enough tbh and if i was to drop below £200 or so,i would have to think about trying to build by playing nl4.

all you can do though is your best and try and keep things simple i think,and learn from any mistakes you make.but saying that there isn't anything you can do when opponents outdraw you,especially on the river,as happened to you a number of times.
    playing abc poker 'ain't pretty but it is the most effective way to at least keep you level for most sessions ,and with a little luck if you can win a buy-in or two,then hopefully you will see your b/roll increase.

a little thing i've learnt from playing dym's is not to get to down on yourself after a losing session,especially if you have just run bad rather than played badly.
    i now look at it month by month,and if my b/roll has increased by the end of that month,great that's my main aim.i've also learnt it's more important 'not to lose' than it is 'to win.'
    as i've just started playing cash this year,i knew i would struggle to break even for the first month or two,which has been the case.
    now i'm into month three,i'm just starting to show a profit,which is what i've been working towards.
    the most important thing imo is to never give up,which is not always easy.i have felt like doing just that a few times since i've started playing cash this year.but i've stuck with it,and now at last there is a glimmer of a chance that i might just have made the right choice in changing to it,but it's been a test,that's for sure.
    but then that's no different to playing my dym challenge last year.
     i try and set myself little targets,which i sometimes achieve and sometimes don't.
    we are all human,aren't we.we have our good days we have our bad days.
    as long as i have more good than bad and am making some money,i'm happy.
    i've also learnt,i don't have to play everyday.now,like today i didn't.tomorrow...maybe.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    "the most important thing imo is to never give up"

Damn straight!
  • edited March 2013
    Sunday 17/3.13

lost  £39.19

b/roll  £306.44  ( down £25.38 this year)

c4p  551 = £4.41 to come

nl 10

ok, didn't post last night..too tired.
    always knew this session would come and today was the day.
    i could have and now looking back on it,should have 'booked the win' as i was £10 or so up after 1/2 an hour or so.(maybe i'll start using that tactic,as i've used it before playing dym's...even though i know it's not widely accepted that you should.)

ended up playing a 7 hour straight session as i was always playing catch up once i fell behind,and as i never like to finish a session losing,without giving it my best shot trying to recover my losses.(which is probably a mistake as that can lead to a number of things,frustration,tilt,loss of concentration,etc,etc.)

hands lost over £3.00  (15) AA 4 times  KK twice  JJ  10 10 3times  AK 3 times  A 10  K 10 suited.

hands won over £3.00  (18) AA 4times  KK 3times  AK  AJ KQ  10 10  99  88  9 10  98 SUITED 55  33 92

oh,also..started off playing 2 tables then 3 & 4 then 6 for a while. got greedy i guess ended up playing 9.

so,what to make of that session?
                                                    obviously disapointed at losing,that's a given.
    probably played too many tables...definitely.
    probably played over aggressively if i'm being honest...which up until now i have always struggled to do.
    to be fair,looking at the stats...the AA & KK hands have evened out pretty much,although 1 hand that i lost with AA to KK (which is a £20 swing,i guess.)
    all my 15 losses came from strong p/flop holdings..so maybe i've got something to look at there,i don't know? or is it just part & parcel with playing cash?  maybe it is.

anyway,there it is.it's gone 'move on' as they say.  lol
    i'll go through my losing hands later and see just how badly i played them.

'can't take any more of this...got to go'  lol

laters
    dev

ps; i know it's been said before about just how easy it is playing cash to have losses of 4 or 5 buy-ins per session,so should i be overly concerned with this session?, or just keep at it,as tbh all though i've lost and yes i was probably playing too many tables,i felt i played ok, and certainly the most aggressive i've ever played to date,which i did find exciting.

also,is c4p an important part of playing cash,as i know many of the reg's must be getting a nice return there,or should i simply concentrate on my game and soley trying to win from that,and not concern myself with c4p at all?

any help would be very much appreciated. ty dev

• edited March 2013
    Ian
    7 hour session -£40
    Month of playing to date - c4p £4 to come

Doesn't that tell you everything?
    Until you're making big numbers c4p wise it shouldn't be of the slightest importance to you.

Wha is important is the stuff you already know but keep disregarding.

Game selection
    By now you will know both the good/bads regs at these stakes.
    Why sit with a table of good players when with a minutes work you can find a table full of bad players?

Number of tables
    How's are you going to get reads on people if you are not following the game at all?
    I guess th multitabling is due to your fixation with c4ps.
    £4 to come shows you that c4p's means nothing at this level.
    £4 is what you lose in one hand when you've missed that the guy who's shoved is the tightest player you ever seen but you were on another table. You call, he shows nuts and there's a buy in gone.
    I know it all sounds harsh but you WILL win at this level if you drop the number of tables and fully concentrate on the ones you're on.

• edited March 2013
    on the other hand
    you are starting to push it - both in number of tables and also aggression
    I am really liking that dev
    don't let one losing session put you off - yet
    bit like the matrix (film)
    suddenly things become natural
    it is not about thinking
    it is about knowing
    go for it