You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

Ladies, Gentlemen and other, may I present to you what is sure to be the greatest event in the UK during 2012.  A battle of the bulge, a fight with the fat, a war against weight, a massacre of McDonalds, a conflict with the Colonel, a needle with Nandos and a heckle with the Hut.

The Bulk Roll Challenge 2012

In the red corner, Sky's Jackpot Luckbox, sponsored by his favourite Chinese takeout - Yu Swul Lo Mi Ouse, it's Dylan12

and in the Blue corner, it's the terror of the chatbox, the man who see's 'All You Can Eat' as a personal challenge and artform, Mr GregHogg

These lovely shapely Gentlemen have asked me to moderate this weightloss prop bet.  Between January 1st (when all bad ideas become New Years resolutions) and the Blackpool SPT they will attempt to get as near to their ideal weight as they can.  The loser will be donating £100 to charity (I believe of the winner's choice but I need that confirmed with the contestants).

Contestants, I need the following posted by you in this thread:

You accurate height

On Jan 1st, please conduct an accurate weigh in (we're using the honour system here but if I sense Tomfoolery I shall sendeth the Smacketh Downeth).

When you try to put your major two fingers and thumb around your wrist, do they:  Not touch at all; barely touch; or overlap (Let's be fair, we all can guess the wrist size here but I though I'd ask to be nice).

So now I ask the entire Sky Poker Community to post here with encouragement, advice, tips and all the lovely stuff we have come to know and love.  Dohhhhhhh you can post as well but try not to swear.

In all seriousness as well as doing it for a good cause and their own health, both Dyl and Greg have thrown themselves at your mercy to kickstart some fun in the forum for the New Year.  We all know things have gotten a little tetchy so here these men are, standing naked before you (in your mind at least with any luck), ready to ignore every base instinct they have.

A better rule structure will follow before the start of the year regarding weigh ins and a potential forfeit for either one of you or me, depending on if you both hit your weight.  Oh and as this is general poker chat, please feel free (contestants and well wishers) to comment on how this challenge is affecting their general play.  Will a lack of burger juice turn Greg into an ultra Lag?  Will a reduction in yeast based drinks reduce Dylan's 2 outer skill?  Let's see.

Good luck guys.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Is this another challenge that Hogglaaaa is gonna lose?

lard.

Pig out from now until new year, the fatter u r the easier it is to lose weight! Which is why I struggle so much :(

wibble.

In the words of Brent, "fit body = fit mind" so if successful your poker games should improve!

It will be out with the cellulite, in with the "raise you light"

wobble.

Vodka n diet coke it is then!!! 

gl, gl both!.
  • edited December 2011
    If hoggers can lose weight as quick as he can lose a bankroll then poor dylan aint got a chance ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg:
    Is this another challenge that Hogglaaaa is gonna lose? lard. Pig out from now until new year, the fatter u r the easier it is to lose weight! Which is why I struggle so much :( wibble. In the words of Brent, "fit body = fit mind" so if successful your poker games should improve! It will be out with the cellulite, in with the "raise you light" wobble. Vodka n diet coke it is then!!!  gl, gl both!.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is why we're doing percentage to a target weight rather than straight weight loss.  Always thinking me.
  • edited December 2011
    What a top idea..

Good luck to both men. I've managed to lose over 20kgs in the last 12 months, so if I can do it, so can you!!

Not posted or plyed much on here recently, but I shall follow this avidly.

When is SPT Blackpool btw? 
  • edited December 2011
    What a top idea.. Good luck to both men. I've managed to lose over 20kgs in the last 12 months, so if I can do it, so can you!! Not posted or plyed much on here recently, but I shall follow this avidly. When is SPT Blackpool btw? 
    Posted by darich
    Rich!!  Been a while pal, glad you like the idea.  The Blackpool SPT is on the 23rd of June so these guys have nearly half a year for this.
  • edited December 2011

Last known picture of Hoggers.

As for weight loss, it's quite simple. Exercise more and eat healthier, not less. Very important because if you eat less whilst exercising more, you'll just get hungrier quicker and more tempted to snack on junk food/snacks. Always have breakfast and swap crisps and chocolate for fruit. If you have sugar in tea and coffee,either swap for sweetner or cut it out completely.
     Good luck with this guys, stick it out. It'll be well worth it.

• edited December 2011
    was thinking of giving up red wine for jan as im getting a little bit of a tum, but then after seeing those 2 piccys i think i will wait till 2014 to attempt it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg:
    Ladies, Gentlemen and other, may I present to you what is sure to be the greatest event in the UK during 2012.  A battle of the bulge, a fight with the fat, a war against weight, a massacre of McDonalds, a conflict with the Colonel, a needle with Nandos and a heckle with the Hut. The Bulk Roll Challenge 2012 In the red corner, Sky's Jackpot Luckbox, sponsored by his favourite Chinese takeout - Yu Swul Lo Mi Ouse, it's Dylan12 and in the Blue corner, it's the terror of the chatbox, the man who see's 'All You Can Eat' as a personal challenge and artform, Mr GregHogg These lovely shapely Gentlemen have asked me to moderate this weightloss prop bet.  Between January 1st (when all bad ideas become New Years resolutions) and the Blackpool SPT they will attempt to get as near to their ideal weight as they can.  The loser will be donating £100 to charity (I believe of the winner's choice but I need that confirmed with the contestants). Contestants, I need the following posted by you in this thread: You accurate height On Jan 1st, please conduct an accurate weigh in (we're using the honour system here but if I sense Tomfoolery I shall sendeth the Smacketh Downeth). When you try to put your major two fingers and thumb around your wrist, do they:  Not touch at all; barely touch; or overlap (Let's be fair, we all can guess the wrist size here but I though I'd ask to be nice). So now I ask the entire Sky Poker Community to post here with encouragement, advice, tips and all the lovely stuff we have come to know and love.  Dohhhhhhh you can post as well but try not to swear. In all seriousness as well as doing it for a good cause and their own health, both Dyl and Greg have thrown themselves at your mercy to kickstart some fun in the forum for the New Year.  We all know things have gotten a little tetchy so here these men are, standing naked before you (in your mind at least with any luck), ready to ignore every base instinct they have. A better rule structure will follow before the start of the year regarding weigh ins and a potential forfeit for either one of you or me, depending on if you both hit your weight.  Oh and as this is general poker chat, please feel free (contestants and well wishers) to comment on how this challenge is affecting their general play.  Will a lack of burger juice turn Greg into an ultra Lag?  Will a reduction in yeast based drinks reduce Dylan's 2 outer skill?  Let's see. Good luck guys.
    Posted by TommyD
    Based on this sentance alone, I think hoggers has a good chance of winning - Talk has it that he thinks his ideal weight is 19 Stone, so he only needs to put on a few pounds lol.

Best of luck with this challenge though guys - all in a worthy cause. 
  • edited December 2011

KFC is so lovely.

• edited December 2011
    Think this Challenge is open to Cheating or Collusion we need a speaking Weight Machine.
    When I want to lose weight I go round to my friends scales they say I'm two pound lighter.
    Have the scales been Verified like the RNG and how do stop them standing on one foot or using Arabic scales so no one can workout their weight.  Plus should they be weighed in the buff as Dylan's wallet must be heavier than Greghogg's. !  Mmmm 
  • edited December 2011
    Bump.

This is going to be great.

Another top tip, eat soup as it keeps you feeling fuller for longer.

I think my money is on Dylan.

• edited December 2011
    Much respect to Tommy for agreeing to moderate this battle of the bulk!

This will be a good humoured challenge, but tbh i am really serious about getting to my ideal weight. I'm at an age where i really need to get to grips with my health so the timing of this is perfect!

The thought of losing this challenge has not entered my mind, i am fully determined to see it through. Good Luck to Dylan and thank you all for your help and support so far.

Anyway, the below picture demonstrates perfectly why I am doing this! It is the most accurate reflection of my current weight. (taken about 1 month ago, and the puppy is real!)

• edited December 2011
    As Gregdonk says, thanks Tommy for agreeing to oversee this and beginning the thread, it aint gonna be easy but I will give it my best shot! 

We both would really appreciate any tips/advice any of you have to help us with this because Greg's idea of a diet is to order a small portion of chips with his fish rather than a large portion. I will certinally be trying your soup suggestion Acidman, thanks for that. 

Myself and Gregory will be spurring each other on to do well but I am very competitive and certinally want to win this thing. I hope you will have plenty of laughs at our expense and if either of us are slacking then please get on our case! 

We await further rules and regulations from Mr TommyD but we will be both posting on this thread on the 1st of January with our weight, height and wrist thingy! 

I don't really have a recent photo as such and the one below actually makes me look quite slim due to me being stood besides Grumps...

• edited December 2011
    Eat Healthily, Exercise More.

Good luck guys.
  • edited December 2011
    We got a UKOPS ME Champion overseeing this now Dyldonk!

Gooooo Tommy!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011

can we have BMI s please :)
  • edited December 2011
      can we have BMI s please :)
    Posted by djblacke04
    Tommy will be on the case with this on the 1st of January
  • edited December 2011
    We got a UKOPS ME Champion overseeing this now Dyldonk! Gooooo Tommy!!!!!!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Can we have cake to celebrate?

• edited December 2011
    Glad this is building some momentum (no offence lads).  Full rules will be up today or tomorrow but will basically be regular weigh in updates, live weigh ins at any SPT attended before Blackpool (I've already got the scales, lush they are) and you'll get your individual target weights in the first few days of January.  This should not affect you as the opening months will obviously be 'lose as much weight as you can.'
  • edited December 2011
    Eat less and work out - not difficult just need the correct motivation )

If you reach 7% body fat you can have a six pack )

Always something to aim for guy's )

good luck, it's not easy
  • edited December 2011
    Eat less and work out - not difficult just need the correct motivation ) If you reach 7% body fat you can have a six pack ) Always something to aim for guy's ) good luck, it's not easy
    Posted by rancid
    The only six pack Dylan will get comes in wrappers... wagon wheels imo

:)
  • edited December 2011
    Main thing people get wrong with weight loss is thinking eat less = lose weight, this is incorrect because if you eat less all that will happen is your body stores the food you do eat as fat as it doesn't think it'll get fed again any time soon.

The best way to lose weight is eat regular ( like every 2-3 hours) but make sure what you eat is low calorie/small portion, i.e. all those horrible things like fruit and vegatables that have almost zero calories but trick your body into thinking you're eating so your metabolism works overtime and hence you burn fat, simplez. Also another thing is breakfast is VERY important as it starts the body working straight away, missing it out is bad. 

Eating like this means excersise is not even needed.

Good luck guys :)
  • edited December 2011
    Main thing people get wrong with weight loss is thinking eat less = lose weight, this is incorrect because if you eat less all that will happen is your body stores the food you do eat as fat as it doesn't think it'll get fed again any time soon. The best way to lose weight is eat regular ( like every 2-3 hours) but make sure what you eat is low calorie/small portion, i.e. all those horrible things like fruit and vegatables that have almost zero calories but trick your body into thinking you're eating so your metabolism works overtime and hence you burn fat, simplez. Also another thing is breakfast is VERY important as it starts the body working straight away, missing it out is bad.  Eating like this means excersise is not even needed. Good luck guys :)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    mmmm, good post, better get some fruit and veg in then. 

I am terrible with what foods I should be eating so any tips, receipes etc would be gratefully received. 

Due to the lack in consumption of food will this affect my sttention span when grinding poker? 
  • edited December 2011
    If you're eating enough and drinking plenty of water your concentration shouldn't be effected.

This is a good site to sign up to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

You put in your weight, target weight etc. You then list everyday what you've eaten so you can keep track of calories. You can also list what exercise you've done so it gives you a rough idea of what calories you've burned and how many you're supposed to be consuming each day.

• edited December 2011
    with some processed food these days....its healthier to eat the FLOP!!!
  • edited December 2011

Dylan, just eat 5 Krispy Creme Donuts each day for breakfast, 4 packets of crisps for lunch and 5 mars bars for dinner. Oh and 3 Kebabs for supper. ALL WITH FRIES. and think youself thin! the weight will soon come off :)

Drink plenty of fizzy drinks too like Coke (not diet)

Gl gl

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for that site Acidman, I will look into that :)

More worried about the excercise part, dunno what I am going to do here, my only excercise is walking to the fridge and back or to walk to the car to drive into town to pick up a take away so this should be interesting. 

Greg, thanks for that, tbf you should lose weight on that diet considering how much you consume atm :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Also the only exercise you need do, is using your mouse to click buttons.

Just play more poker
  • edited December 2011
    Exercise bikes are great if you've got space for one.

At least you can get on it in front of the tv or whilst listening to some music.

• edited December 2011
    True though eat less but eat healthy

it's the healthy part that is difficult.

big change from

large or small kebab

to

kebab or fish

Just commit to changes in your diet, not for the short term but the long term

plus biggest change you can make it to have a big lunch and a light healthy evening meal
    Especially if your doing nothing in the evening

Plus yes your body needs fuel to burn, raising you metalabolism is the best way to lose weight ie. weightlifting plus running is ++++++
    Weightlifting for the burn and running for your heart

or just go on a crash diet lose 1 stone and put it all back on in 2 weeks

Change your diet - do not diet

ps. I am overweight 2 - I feel your struggle )
    running at 6am is not much fun, but you feel better about yourself ::::::)