You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Thanks for this Tommy, now i hae a target to aim for...

15 stone 4 is upper limit. I think this is do-able, although in my adult life the lowest i can remember getting to is 16 stone 2 about 5 yrs ago, and I looked slim (ish) then! I do hae a big frame so I am not sure i could get lower than 15 stone, or that i would need to!

With regard to cutting out booze completely, i am not sure i can do this either, or that it is totally necessary. Dr Sharp suggests rewarding at the wkd, I might consider this option. Not sure yet though.

Good luck to Dylan (who at this stage is officially 1 kg more overweight than me! :) I always knew he was a chubber!

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg:
    [QUOTE 2. Tell all your friends and family that you are embarking on a weight loss programme. Their encouragement will help you (unless they own a fast food restaurant)
    Posted by FlyingDagg

I tried this, all I got was cakes stuffed in my face all day :(

Tbf, my family are supportive, they were trying to get rid of all the Xmas goodies today and tried to get me to start the diet tomorow instead...I showed good will power though :) 
  • edited January 2012
    How often do we have to weigh in?

And when?

• edited January 2012
    How often do we have to weigh in? And when?
    Posted by dylan12
    I would suggest once a week
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg : I would suggest once a week
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Who asked you?

Get back to your cakes :)

Ok, any certain day mate? 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg : Who asked you? Get back to your cakes :) Ok, any certain day mate? 
    Posted by dylan12
    Dont mind what day but i would suggest we start on Saturday? as SPT is a Saturday... easier to keep track of number of weeks then! Also as i work during the week, it would be easier to update on Sat morning...
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg : Dont mind what day but i would suggest we start on Saturday? as DTD is a Saturday... easier to keep track of number of weeks then! Also as i work during the week, it would be easier to update on Sat morning...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I don't know what difference it makes tht DTD is on a Saturday...unless you mean SPT you donk ;) hehe

Yeah Saturday makes sense to me. 

Just need to double check that Mr TommyD is happy with this. 

I already think he's siding with you, how have I got to lose more weight, 2 v 1 here me thinks, you been bribing him already? 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg : Dont mind what day but i would suggest we start on Saturday? as SPT is a Saturday... easier to keep track of number of weeks then! Also as i work during the week, it would be easier to update on Sat morning...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I reckon Saturday mornings will be the time of the week when you're at your heaviest!!!
  • edited January 2012

Best of luck to you both - I sincerely hope you reach your goals.

I've always had a slim frame but v.poor diet / exercise so I'm hopelessly unfit + out of shape.

I've resolved to go gym three/four times a week and improve my eating habits from Tue (get the bank hol out of the way lol).

Will follow your progress, I'm sure you will do it and will be an inspiring read not just for myself, but many others too - best of luck!

Great advice posted by Dr Sharp, Kaymac and others too - thank you.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg : I don't know what difference it makes tht DTD is on a Saturday...unless you mean SPT you donk ;) hehe Yeah Saturday makes sense to me.  Just need to double check that Mr TommyD is happy with this.  I already think he's siding with you, how have I got to lose more weight, 2 v 1 here me thinks, you been bribing him already? 
    Posted by dylan12
    ye i told him that unless he fixes it for me to win, he will hae to stay in the same Hotel room with me again at Blackpool SPT! lol

Oh and us spurs boys must stick together!

ty Jingle, another spurs man! :)
  • edited January 2012
     Greghogg, !     Do you realize you weigh a quarter of a Ton.    lol  :-)

Have you got reinforced floor boards in your house.  A water Bed with heavy water in it.?  Mmmm

YOUR 10 to 1  against underdog. Woof
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg : I don't know what difference it makes tht DTD is on a Saturday...unless you mean SPT you donk ;) hehe Yeah Saturday makes sense to me.  Just need to double check that Mr TommyD is happy with this.  I already think he's siding with you, how have I got to lose more weight, 2 v 1 here me thinks, you been bribing him already? 
    Posted by dylan12
    Regarding to the weigh in, I really don't mind.  All I suggested was regular weigh ins.  I would have suggested once a week myself as well.  I would suggest you do it in the morning though as people are generally lighter then (after the morning evacuation of course).

In terms of fairness, I had no idea who had further to go when I set the rules.  I set them on percentage weight loss towards the target because unless there was a massive difference in the targets, the person with slightly longer to go will find it (especially early doors) slightly easier to attempt to drop weight.

And to your earlier question, both of you are aiming to stay in between the range, if you end up on the exact weight of the top of your range, this is fine and counts as making it.

Message from my missus, for exercise seriously get into walking.
  • edited January 2012
     Greghogg, !     Do you realize you weigh a quarter of a Ton.    lol  :-)  Have you got reinforced floor boards in your house.  A water Bed with heavy water in it.?  Mmmm             YOUR 10 to 1  against underdog. Woof
    Posted by logdon
    Please post more lol

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg : Regarding to the weigh in, I really don't mind.  All I suggested was regular weigh ins.  I would have suggested once a week myself as well.  I would suggest you do it in the morning though as people are generally lighter then (after the morning evacuation of course). In terms of fairness, I had no idea who had further to go when I set the rules.  I set them on percentage weight loss towards the target because unless there was a massive difference in the targets, the person with slightly longer to go will find it (especially early doors) slightly easier to attempt to drop weight. And to your earlier question, both of you are aiming to stay in between the range, if you end up on the exact weight of the top of your range, this is fine and counts as making it. Message from my missus, for exercise seriously get into walking.
    Posted by TommyD
    Yeah was only jesting mate, we both really appreciate you taking your time in helping us here :) 

Any pics of the missus to motivate us? Ok, I will get my coat ;)

I am beginning my walking tomorrow, I haven't eaten that much today tbh and am a bit hungry atm but I am drinking quite a lot of water. I think I need to find the correct balance but it will be easier once I go shopping tomorrow, I don't have many healthy things at hand to eat today due to our local stores being closed but I have resisted temptation and it hasn't been that hard tbh. 

Would it be an idea for us to post what we eat each day? Or would it bore people?
    If done honestly (pointing at Greg here) I am sure that it would help us and I know I would think twice before having a kebab if I knew I had to post it on here lol 
    I know im not going to be whiter than white and I will have some lapse days but I am man enough to take the beating from my fellow forumers :) 
  • edited January 2012
    Im not gonna post what i eat each day thats just madness! unless there is a huge demand for this???

You can if you want tho Dylan!

Ill post honest weekly weight updates, and regular rubdowns for you! And thats a promise :)
  • edited January 2012
    Im not gonna post what i eat each day thats just madness! unless there is a huge demand for this??? You can if you want tho Dylan! Ill post honest weekly weight updates, and regular rubdowns for you! And thats a promise :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Is it cos there is only certain ways you can list down your take away content? 

I was thinking it may help us watch what we eat and also if our patterns work/don't then others can advise or use the same methods. Trying to help you here Gregory, may be boring but i see the benefits, but hey-ho whatever. 

• edited January 2012

Dyl, I know you were joking mate, just had to put that out there for the record :)

A food diary is an interesting idea.  I don't think you need to put down everything you eat, but what would be very interesting is to see the regimes you try to get into and the slips that we all have.  Brutal honest diary work would be excellent, highs and lows, that would be great reading.

• edited January 2012
    Dyl, I know you were joking mate, just had to put that out there for the record :) A food diary is an interesting idea.  I don't think you need to put down everything you eat, but what would be very interesting is to see the regimes you try to get into and the slips that we all have.  Brutal honest diary work would be excellent, highs and lows, that would be great reading.
    Posted by TommyD
    Ok maybe no need to update each day but I dunno perhaps an outline of what we are eating because if we are being honest here, myself and Greg are a bit clueless here so things that I would think are good for me are probably not, plus I know we will both be tempted and no doubt give into temptation of having take aways at certain times so I know I would probably think twice if I know I have to post on here and that must be a benefit imo. 

Same with the excersise, it would be good to keep track of what excercises we are or are not doing, if only for the kick start we need when feeling a bit down. 

I don't want to bore people either so if the readers don't want updates then so be it, just trying to make this a lively diary to keep us and others who may aspire to do the same to stay motivated. 
  • edited January 2012
    good luck with this guys
    bananas are a good source of the vitamin and minerals you need and also fill you up.
    water drinking regularly is also a help - other drinks have hidden calories that can soon add up.
    also heard of something used by Alan Sugar - use a small fork - you take longer to eat and apparently it fools your body into thinking it has eaten more than it has so you feel full.

do you guys own a wii or other game thingy?
    if so get a sport game - tennis, badminton,   or a dance one.
    if the weather is bad these may help you keep on top of the exercise

getting fitter is one of my aims, which will also help with the creeping weight gain.
    not a good start at the moment - on my second beer! family is over - you can't say no can you!!?

good luck again
  • edited January 2012
    small fork, small plate... Ill feel like Warwick Davis!

Nice ideas though keep them coming please.

I do play Badminton Walesboy. I plan to play it weekly and also to walk/jog 3-4 times a week

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan ersus GregHogg:
    small fork, small plate... I use my shovel hands to eat and don't bother with forks! Nice ideas though keep them coming please. I do play Badminton Walesboy, unless ofc I have cramp again which normally happens. I plan to play it yearly and also to walk 3-4 times a week to the local take-away
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    FYP Greg

Bananas are a good idea Walesboy! 
  • edited January 2012
     Hi   Sweetie Pie  Greg or is that Hogg.!     Just popped in to give you some more tips.? 

Running or jogging is good exercise but the Council will charge you for all the broken pavement slabs.  So I recommend Swimming, the water will hold up your heavy body weight and exercise all the limbs.  However there is the water displacement to think about and the children using you as a floating inflatable whale to climb on.?  Mid-night exercise is out of the question as the hospital would think your wife was run over by a steam road roller.  So its power walking for you at the minute,  big strides arms flailing clutching dumbbells.   lots more tips to come. ?  I could be your personal trainer. ??
  • edited January 2012
     Hi   Sweetie Pie  Greg or is that Hogg.!     Just popped in to give you some more tips.?   Running or jogging is good exercise but the Council will charge you for all the broken pavement slabs.  So I recommend Swimming, the water will hold up your heavy body weight and exercise all the limbs.  However there is the water displacement to think about and the children using you as a floating inflatable whale to climb on.?  Mid-night exercise is out of the question as the hospital would think your wife was run over by a steam road roller.  So its power walking for you at the minute,  big strides arms flailing clutching dumbbells.   lots more tips to come. ?  I could be your personal trainer. ??
    Posted by logdon
    classic logdon,you boys must feel crushed,chin up
  • edited January 2012
    Well I had a lovely and healthy homemade tomato soup for dinner lads, bit of bread and butter on the side.  How about yourselves?
  • edited January 2012
    Well I had a lovely and healthy homemade tomato soup for dinner lads, bit of bread and butter on the side.  How about yourselves?
    Posted by TommyD
    Couldn't get to the store today so doing my healthy shopping tomorrow/today. 

Today I had a bowl of cereal, 2x slices of Ryvita, 2x apples and for dinner I had a few slices of home made ham, beetroot, coleslaw and some oven chips. 
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by TommyD
    had porridge for breakfast, salad and brown bread rolls for lunch,

and a chicken jalfrezi, pliau rice and naan bread for dinner...oh and two cobra beers, gotta celebrate the brother in laws birthday innit...

I did do about 1/2 hours brisk walking too!

• edited January 2012
    Dylan, have a silver star.  Good start.

Greg.  See me after.
  • edited January 2012
    lol gd effort Greg! Curry and beer ftw!

Good start dylan!

• edited January 2012
    Bad news your both still as big as a House............ good news House prices are rising. ? Are you taking this seriously Hogg!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: The Bulkroll Challenge 2012 - Dylan Versus GregHogg : had porridge for breakfast, salad and brown bread rolls for lunch, and a chicken jalfrezi, pliau rice and naan bread for dinner...oh and two cobra beers, gotta celebrate the brother in laws birthday innit... I did do about 1/2 hours brisk walking too!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    It takes u that long to get to the bar n back??

Or did you give him a game of snooker too?