You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wdwdwdwd on the Vegas package mate!! Well chuffed for you and thoroughly deserved :) 
    Posted by dylan12
    Well done tommy, was watching your progress, and during heads up play just after your double up with jacks and my computer crashed and had finished when back on line....so i went to see who qualified for the next viva final for 2nd place finish before checking here.Big congrats on booking your main event seat.(sounds good doesn't it!)
  • edited May 2012
    Big congratz mate, great reward for all the hard work you put in last month. Can't wait for the Vegas entry to the diary now. GLGL
  • edited May 2012
    Just seen your win posted over the other side, what a result, many congratulations Tommy!
  • edited May 2012
    Many congatulations - just reward after the connection problems you had in the last VLV final - as well as your noted ability at the game

Good news for us as well, as it means you won't be playing in the next one.

Run as good in Vegas for Sky
  • edited May 2012

Well done Tommy. Pretty special achievement, given that targeted this specifically a few weeks ago.

• edited May 2012
    Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to Vegas diary enties already.
  • edited May 2012

Just got in from a night on the lash! Congrats TD, VWD

(obv rigged for sky favourites tho!)

• edited May 2012

Well done Tommy D,

Run good in vegas mate..
  • edited May 2012
    karma man karma!!. you must be buzzing like a buzzing thing. well deserved , now thats somethin to till the neighbours!!!
  • edited May 2012
    Well done son from your ma and me   TECHNOPHOBIC MOI???
  • edited May 2012
    Well done son from your ma and me   TECHNOPHOBIC MOI???
    Posted by WotAlias
    Cheers Dad, I take all the stuff about you not being able to use computers back as I can clearly see you've found the caps lock key.
  • edited May 2012
    A massive thank you to everyone who has posted, I really appreciate it.

Thanks again to a great rail, was all great banter and good spirited.

Can't wait until they show the FT on TV, not sure if I played well HU or just luckboxed it, really think it could go either way.  It'll be interesting to find out.

I'm much calmer now, still chuffed to bits but not in bits.  Which is a start.
  • edited May 2012
    Huge congratulations m8,
    was great to watch, running "hotter than a hot thing" as Tikay would say & then the wall, would love to know what you were thinking at that time m8 ?
    Glad you managed to turn the switch on again in time for a great result :-)
    Bet the kids noticed the difference in "Sir" today!! 
    Great stuff again fella Vegas had better watch out!!

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    Just seen the result, wow!

glgl in Vegas, great team of players going over.

gl to launder in the final too, hope he joins you.

wp!!!
  • edited May 2012
    A massive thank you to everyone who has posted, I really appreciate it. Thanks again to a great rail, was all great banter and good spirited. Can't wait until they show the FT on TV, not sure if I played well HU or just luckboxed it, really think it could go either way.  It'll be interesting to find out. I'm much calmer now, still chuffed to bits but not in bits.  Which is a start.
    Posted by TommyD
    Well done Tommy and good luck in Vegas.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2012

im a little jelous, but you are a top bloke (what iv seen on tv, forum) you deserve it mate, actually to be totally honest i am well F****** jelous lol, Go and cash mate.

• edited May 2012

Just like to add my conratulations, well done and well deserved.
  • edited May 2012

brilliantly normal tommy

• edited May 2012
    Wiiiiiiiiiii just heard well done Tommy, cracking! Congrats and hope u run golden, looking forward to following u (not in a stalker way dont worry)
  • edited May 2012
    n1 Tommy, when you take down the main event will you continue with the teaching?
  • edited May 2012
    Sick! gj congrats
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    Wow.  Well now the dust has settled I can finally post something half way coherent about last night.

Firstly thank you very much for all the positive messages I've had since the bink both here and elsewhere.  I'm made up so many people have posted  An extra special thank you to a fabulous rail who were respectful and banterful during the whole final table.  It was a troll free zone, a rarity when it comes to Internet Poker, which just goes to show what a great community we have here on Sky.  Yes you get the odd silly billy, but trust me, the percentage here is exponentially smaller than any other site.

As far as the Freeroll goes, a few points stand out.  Yes I ran super hot.  There were three flips early doors which all went my way, also I did some key holds.  From memory I never won a hand where I got it all in behind, but in tournament poker that's the least of your worries.  What I managed to do, along with flip well, was not get unlucky much when someone else got it in behind.  I know most people say you have to win your flips to win a tourney, in my opinion you have to hold your 80/20s & 70/30s to win.  For the most part I did.

Secondly I think I played decent stuff as well.  I started as one of the big stacks and both me and Ryan (the biggest stack) soon realised that the field had gone majorly nitty.  We were practically taking it in turns to get in pots and bully pots off of people.  The 2k and 3k stacks seemed, in my opinion at least, to be waiting for really good spots.  I think a few of us with the larger starting stacks really took advantage of this, giving us a platform to FT off of.

Finally the HU was a titanic battle which could have gone either way.  The chip lead must have changed at least a half a dozen times and speaking from the heart, I felt I was the underdog from the start.  Hats off to Launder, he had my head spinning.  I can't wait to see what hands they choose to show on Sunday when they show the FT, I really would like some analysis of the whole thing as well as the HU, personally I think it will be fascinating to watch.  Then again as I binked the flight, suite and seat, I would say that.

Thank you all once again, time to get back to the grind.
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah good point Tommy.  Some of the small stacks just played it like a normal MTT, not an (effective) winner take all where just getting it in and hoping with 10-15 bigs was really what they should have been doing.

I was not pleased that you was plonked right next to me on the opening table! Althought I can't think of any major pots we played actually...
  • edited May 2012
    WOW

Only just seen this!

So pleased for you Tom! You thouroughly deserve this, and the very best of luck in Vegas
  • edited May 2012
    Nice post Tommy! 

So many heroes going to Vegas this year with Sky, you are lucky that you won't be seen as the old guard going as Jakally will be there to cover that role. Other than the main event obv, what are you looking forward to the most? 

Check your PM's as well

• edited May 2012
    Congats Tommy well pleased for you.  
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah good point Tommy.  Some of the small stacks just played it like a normal MTT, not an (effective) winner take all where just getting it in and hoping with 10-15 bigs was really what they should have been doing.
    Posted by scotty77
    I was initially surprised to read this, given that it was the priority club members. But then I thought that maybe some of them are just pure cash grinders (as I expect most club members are) and therefore not experienced at complex satellite play. What do you think?
  • edited May 2012
    Well done Tommy on  binking that Vegas seat.

Go and get it won now.
  • edited May 2012
    Well done Tommy,

New member on the site who has been watching 865 for a long time before taking the plunge to poker.Good luck in vegas and maybe one day when my bankroll allows I might even get to mix it with you on the tables.

Run good in Vegas.

Pat