You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary.:
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Sicko. ;-)
    Posted by JingleMa
    lol
    i know....
    funny thing was though m8,i was actually playing £5's for the 1st time in a while,with £3's too,
    so i guess it paid off as i had my best ever session.obviously i ran well but i guess i also didn't have time to think about anything other than the games i was playing,and not the fact that i was playing the £5's which as you know haven't exactly been to kind to me as yet.
    i also didn't really take much notice of my running b/roll total, which is something i know that i do whilst playing,and maybe something that i need to try and stop myself from doing in the future.
    best wishes jingle
    :)
    dev
    ps,how u getting on playing the higher levels now?
    i'm guessing you must be doing ok.
    please.......
    don't rush back to the £5's   lol
    i get enough trouble from Patwalsh, johnconnor and the others.  lol
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : lol i know.... funny thing was though m8,i was actually playing £5's for the 1st time in a while,with £3's too, so i guess it paid off as i had my best ever session.obviously i ran well but i guess i also didn't have time to think about anything other than the games i was playing,and not the fact that i was playing the £5's which as you know haven't exactly been to kind to me as yet. i also didn't really take much notice of my running b/roll total, which is something i know that i do whilst playing,and maybe something that i need to try and stop myself from doing in the future. best wishes jingle :) dev ps,how u getting on playing the higher levels now? i'm guessing you must be doing ok. please....... don't rush back to the £5's   lol i get enough trouble from Patwalsh, johnconnor and the others.  lol
    Posted by devonfish5
    Nice, yeah your run-bad @ £5's was obv just 1of those things & cudn't last4eva.

I've reduced my vol a lot now & just 8 table max @ £10 - £20, but I mite come back every now & then just to see what's biting. ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Thomas!

We gonna do the alternative triathlon this weekend?

Pool
    Quazar 
    Bowling...

Mmmmmmmmm

• edited October 2012
    Hi Thomas! We gonna do the alternative triathlon this weekend? Pool Quazar  Bowling... Mmmmmmmmm
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Greggles!!!

Yup still up for the alternative triathlon.  I'm pretty sure Jingle and Giant are as well.  All others are welcome, I saw in another thread you're meeting up with Bear, get him down.

Should be a good laugh, I'll be there Friday, we'll sort all of the details out then.
  • edited October 2012
    Had a lovely moment earlier tonight.  It was dusky evening time and I was chatting to the GF on the decking outside of my office (The Grind-a-torium).  We're going through the day where she spent about thirty minutes telling me about her day and in answer to her question 'How was yours?' I answer 's'alright.'

Out of the corner of my eye I saw this ball of white fur crash into our garden.  I did the whole Superman-like stuff 'Is it a bird?  Is it a cat?' etc.  It all became clear when this Yorkshire Terrier started to bound at full speed towards us.  And then in a way typical to a dog when they are sure they have your attention, he did an immediate 180 and sprinted down the bottom of the garden, with myself and the GF trailing in its wake.  He found the tiniest space behind our summerhouse and we eventually coaxed him out.  Just as we calmed him down and had him safely suddenly I heard panicky screams in the distance.  This poor woman was screaming for Bobby so I shouted if anyone had lost a dog and we reunited Dog and owner.  There's no alleyways down the back of our garden but somehow this tiny dog had managed to get through or into seven gardens?!?  It was only by sheer chance he got trapped in ours and we were there to see the lovely little pup.

Being a dog lover I'd hate to ever lose one, it's such a huge fear.  Luckily things worked out.  Apart from for me.  The GF is now demanding a dog of our own.  Great, vets bills, insurance, making the garden dog safe, toys everywhere, poop everywhere.  Thanks a lot Bobby ;)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Greggles!!! Yup still up for the alternative triathlon.  I'm pretty sure Jingle and Giant are as well.  All others are welcome, I saw in another thread you're meeting up with Bear, get him down. Should be a good laugh, I'll be there Friday, we'll sort all of the details out then.
    Posted by TommyD

Sounds good im up for something like that on Friday
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Greggles!!! Yup still up for the alternative triathlon.  I'm pretty sure Jingle and Giant are as well.  All others are welcome, I saw in another thread you're meeting up with Bear, get him down. Should be a good laugh, I'll be there Friday, we'll sort all of the details out then.
    Posted by TommyD
    Hi Tommy,

Yes I'm in.

R u going to play the 8pm sidey on Fri?

I've sent u PM.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Sounds good im up for something like that on Friday
    Posted by bearlyther
    Nice one, see you there.  And you and everyone else get the chance to shoot me with a laser gun, I expect a waiting list.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Hi Tommy, Yes I'm in. R u going to play the 8pm sidey on Fri? I've sent u PM.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Hey Jingle, sent you a PM back mate.

Great to see you in, I'm not planning to play the sidey but that's what I said last time and I ended up in there.
  • edited October 2012

A quick congrats on hitting your 1,000th post in this diary Tommy!

Heres to the next 5,000 drivel posts :)

Cheers.
  • edited October 2012
    A quick congrats on hitting your 1,000th post in this diary Tommy! Heres to the next 5,000 drivel posts :) Cheers.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Cheers Maxy, I have plenty more drivel in the tank so no worries there.

On to new things, really pumped for the 6-Max.  I've already written off the entry fee in my head, as I stated earlier I'm absolutely sick and bored of how I've played live in the last year and more, it's completely pathetic.  It's hardly a joy sat in a seat for hours playing awful and just hanging around until it's time to get coolered.  We move on, this Saturday I'm going to open it up, play like it's online.  I guess I had a fear of looking silly, strange when you consider my face.  I'm over it.  My chips will be on offer, but to get them yours will be too.  Oh I've come over all Rocky 4 here.....
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Many Rivers To Cross. A Diary. : Cheers Maxy, I have plenty more drivel in the tank so no worries there. On to new things, really pumped for the 6-Max.  I've already written off the entry fee in my head, as I stated earlier I'm absolutely sick and bored of how I've played live in the last year and more, it's completely pathetic.  It's hardly a joy sat in a seat for hours playing awful and just hanging around until it's time to get coolered.  We move on, this Saturday I'm going to open it up, play like it's online.  I guess I had a fear of looking silly, strange when you consider my face.  I'm over it.  My chips will be on offer, but to get them yours will be too.  Oh I've come over all Rocky 4 here.....
    Posted by TommyD
    "If you die, you die..."

C u2moro mate. :-)
  • edited October 2012
    Back from the 6-Max at DTD.  Cliffs are I min cashed in 19th.  Trying to be objective I played a lot better than I have recently in live poker, probably the best I've played live in a year (although this isn't a high watermark).  Looking back I still made a few glaring errors, mainly in spots where I had a huge hand and just killed value by being over aggressive.  It's pretty weak play and I need to get in some sort of system where before every decision I just ask myself 'Are you thinking about what you are doing?'  I play too fast live, I abhor the time it takes many players to make a decision but I'm far to much the other way (I make nearly every move within five seconds).  I need to slow it down a little.

Great to see everyone though and it was a good laugh.  Many thanks for the good people at Sky and DTD for putting on a great event.
  • edited October 2012
    Wheres Giant....

Great meeting you Mr Tommy D, glad we did a split on the pool and hope to see you soon at another!

WP on min cashing, mbfn ;)
  • edited October 2012
    Wheres Giant.... Great meeting you Mr Tommy D, glad we did a split on the pool and hope to see you soon at another! WP on min cashing, mbfn ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Good you meet you too YG, catch you at the next one.

For those of your wondering what that first line was about, I somehow managed to walk into a bar and ask everyone quite genuinely 'Where's Giant?'  He was in front of me at the bar.  Of all the people not to see somehow I missed him.  I got bantered for this obviously.
  • edited October 2012
    For the attention of the person who I arranged a prop bet with on Saturday night!!!

I have PMed you, I'm free to play any time tonight, just let me know.  Not going to name you without permission and I will not be detailing the numbers here, that's gotten threads in trouble before and as we've passed the thousand mark I'm somewhat invested in this one.

Just let me know, feel free to post here just don't mention the numbers.
  • edited October 2012
    The prop bet has been cancelled by mutual consent.  Probably a good thing, betting those amounts is a sure fire way to lose friends.
  • edited October 2012
    wp on the cash with your new live playing style. 

I've only ever played 1 live event, and that was a £33 f/o and I'm pretty sure I was shaking the whole way through the tournament. My main aim was just not to bubble. Yeah, I bubbled. Sigh. This was when I just turned 18 and was a fish (still am).

Here's hoping I can maybe make an spt this year and meet you guys (I iz considering Luton). 

gl and v.impressed w. the 1k posts ;-)
  • edited October 2012
    The prop bet has been cancelled by mutual consent.  Probably a good thing, betting those amounts is a sure fire way to lose friends.
    Posted by TommyD
    Lol i knew this on Sat night! I stayed out of it when the negotations were going on as i knew the chances of it happening were very slim lol

defo in everyone's interest to void the bet

• edited October 2012
    Posted by TommyD

Was looking forward to rail this but yes might be for the best given the money involved and friendships
  • edited October 2012
    PAge 8 Tommy! 2 x weeks!  GET A GRIP!  Found this while looking for summit else.  What's been happening?  Back to school? Been on hols? Seen Skyfall yet?  Bardem's hard to watch dontya think?  A blonde villian - see what they done there?  
  • edited October 2012
    I guess he's uber-grinding to hold on to that #10 spot in the cash Kings promo
  • edited October 2012
    PAge 8 Tommy! 2 x weeks!  GET A GRIP!  Found this while looking for summit else.  What's been happening?  Back to school? Been on hols? Seen Skyfall yet?  Bardem's hard to watch dontya think?  A blonde villian - see what they done there?  
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hey Pad

Sorry, as Geldy mentions I have been grinding hard plus had plenty of house stuff going on.  Despite our agreement to not do any more refurbishing the GF took full advantage of me going to the Six Max.  I'll called on the morning of day 2 and she begun the conversation with 'Don't be angry.'  I hate that.  It's like when someone begins a line with 'I don't want to offend you but..' you know you're getting offended.  She had decided to begin redecorating the lounge by ripping off all of the wallpaper.

So I've been sanding, filling and painting for a while.  That on top of the grind.  Also taken a little break from posting that much on the forum or any social media TBH, needed a little breather.

Haven't seen SkyFall yet but planning to fix that very soon, looks pretty incred.

In other news Pad I see that your username has been twinned with a quite special place, I take it you knew about this yes?
  • edited October 2012
    My UKOPS will start tonight (was unavailable for selection yesterday due to something which will be in the next post).  For those of you who don't know, I have managed a couple of nice scores in the series in the past.  So going into a new one I have the combination of confidence that I've done it before and the anxious feeling of wanting to keep that run going.  It's a strange old cocktail but one I will be necking.  Going to play all of the events I can but I've already made a few commitments this week so it'll be a patch schedule at best.

Sunday will be interesting.  Sometime on Monday morning someone else will be 'the last person to win a UKOPS Main Event.'  It's a great feeling to bink it and I hope whoever is the one appreciates it, in poker those wins really don't come around that often.  Unless you're a sicko like Marc Wright or Chris Brammer of course, then they're ten a penny ;)
  • edited October 2012
    So what was I doing last night instead of grinding those UKOPS MTTS?

Well I was at Wembley to watch American Rugby (come on, it's closer to that than football).  As I'm a Spurs fan it was obviously my first visit to either the new or old Wembley stadium.  As far as an arena goes I have to say once in your seats I think it is a fabulous venue.  Pretty much everyone is on top of the action.  Decent amount of facilities as well although food and drink is obviously massively over priced for the captive audience, taking nice advantage of the fact that any food or drink you may want to bring in with you is regarded as a security threat.  If people would just stop making exploding hot dogs then the world would be a better place ;)

So I'm sat there with a couple of my mates (who are Pats fans).  I naturally decide to support the Rams, and me being the Jonah that I am the Pats win by an absolute blow out.  The game was a bit of a shame, it was one sided and there wasn't much incident.  Brady was a beast obviously and completely picked apart the Rams defense.

On the whole good fun had by all.  National Anthems were sung (the Brit one obviously sung by Katherine Jenkins, she does it so many times there I think she must live close to the stadium), BoJo made some funnies and had by head in my hands thinking 'This is a future PM' (it's gonna happen) and the pre match show was done by Train!  Yes you heard me, Train!  (nope, me neither).  Oh, I got to be part of a mass crowd flag for the first time ever, which was interesting.  They left plastic bags on the seats (times are obviously tough), I got to be a white bit in the Union Flag.  Look out for me doing it in the repeat, with only 80,004 people there I'm sure you'll see me ;)
  • edited October 2012
    First crash and burn of the UKOPS series, real early doors in the mini.  Made a bit of a mistake by not folding when I got min C/R on turn on a JJXXr board but those Kings got sticky.  J on the river sealed it for me, got shown the bad news and J2.

However I choose to look on the bright side, by busting before the add on I've saved a fiver, so really I'm ahead.  Kinda.
  • edited October 2012
    So what was I doing last night instead of grinding those UKOPS MTTS? Well I was at Wembley to watch American Rugby (come on, it's closer to that than football).  As I'm a Spurs fan it was obviously my first visit to either the new or old Wembley stadium.  As far as an arena goes I have to say once in your seats I think it is a fabulous venue.  Pretty much everyone is on top of the action.  Decent amount of facilities as well although food and drink is obviously massively over priced for the captive audience, taking nice advantage of the fact that any food or drink you may want to bring in with you is regarded as a security threat.  If people would just stop making exploding hot dogs then the world would be a better place ;) So I'm sat there with a couple of my mates (who are Pats fans).  I naturally decide to support the Rams, and me being the Jonah that I am the Pats win by an absolute blow out.  The game was a bit of a shame, it was one sided and there wasn't much incident.  Brady was a beast obviously and completely picked apart the Rams defense. On the whole good fun had by all.  National Anthems were sung (the Brit one obviously sung by Katherine Jenkins, she does it so many times there I think she must live close to the stadium), BoJo made some funnies and had by head in my hands thinking 'This is a future PM' (it's gonna happen) and the pre match show was done by Train!  Yes you heard me, Train!  (nope, me neither).  Oh, I got to be part of a mass crowd flag for the first time ever, which was interesting.  They left plastic bags on the seats (times are obviously tough), I got to be a white bit in the Union Flag.  Look out for me doing it in the repeat, with only 80,004 people there I'm sure you'll see me ;)
    Posted by TommyD
    This post genuinely made me lol several times !  Hoping to go to Wembley next year and see one of the 2 games there next year (Yes 2 games,  NFL is growing in the Uk n all that).  Sounds like a great day out.

GL with Ukops,  sure you'll make at least 3 final tables !  
  • edited October 2012
    was there at Wembley also m8
    shame the game got one sided. thought we were in for a good one after the Rams scored so quickly
    with you on Train - no idea who they were but recognised the songs
    we had a rabid Rams fan behind us. i swear she was going to go down and sort out the umpires at times.
    towards the end though we were more concerned with the other matches.
    there were 5 of us - a Dolphins fan (I think he thought he was dreaming winning by such a margin), a Bears fan (biting his nails), an Oakland fan biding his time, a Vikings fan (me - crying into his beer), and a Browns fan (who got the biggest cheer in our section, we might get a beer out of him).

I got a red bag-not sure which flag I was part of as were close to the end

definately going next year to Vikings v Steelers. may even take my son if he gets more interested. He'll want the foot long hotdog! Bit of a trek as we'll get back in the early hours. Not sure about Jaguars v  49ers.

managed to get some flags out of hte boxes around the Stadium. Why they weern't on the seats as usual?!

With you on the Stadium and the food/beer. Best bit though is all the fans. I think just about every team is there although the vast majority (every time) has been Pats.

Can't wait until next year.

Good luck
  • edited October 2012
    Out of the UKOPS 2 main.  I really need to stop jamming over button raises with AT.  It's a real leak, that accounted for 18 of my 30 BB stack, AT<AQ.  The rest went the next orbit, button jam with AQ in AK.  Not really happy with how I played.

Still in the Side, just had a talking to from my least favourite player on the site so as I am so bad I expect to be out of that as well pretty soon.  Got a lot to catch up on with the old Sky+ so it'll be nice to have the time.
  • edited October 2012
    ul Tommy - but a few days to go yet - glglgl

meanwhile interested in your comment about jamming AT over the button raise. i've been doing similar when becoming short-stacked - and been called by worse - and lived to tell the story. but tonight I was the small stack in the 10pm 1.5k BH, i think we had already made it to the cash, when I got A9 in the BB, and a large stack popped it up on the button. normally i would have shoved & prayed. but having just read your post the phrase "AT shove is a leak" "AT shove is a leak" "AT shove is a leak" was going around my head. and if AT is a leak - wow there's no hope for A9. so contrary to all my usual instincts I laid it down.

who knows what would have happened if i'd shoved, but I survived another hand, and with some good judgement and a little bit of luck i ended up binking 2nd, So, thank you for getting me to re-appraise my play and helping me to a decent cash.